During the Academy You Can Expect:
- To enhance your knowledge and skills in the field of quality and safety and curriculum development
- A hands-on interactive learning environment with a 10-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio including facilitated large group sessions, small group exercises, and panel discussions
- To be placed in mentor groups at the beginning of the conference in order to develop a small professional network within a larger network of peers
- All sessions to be led by experienced physicians known for their ability to practice and teach quality improvement and patient safety, mentor junior faculty, and guide educators in curriculum development
- Opportunities to network with the conference faculty who will remain on site throughout the entire academy
At the Conclusion of the Academy You Can Expect:
- To have a new peer network of colleagues who are engaged in similar educational work at their institutions
- To have acquired a repertoire of curriculum ideas to implement
- To leave with a toolkit of educational resources and curricular tools for quality and safety education
- To be provided with free access to online modules developed by SHM’s Quality Improvement Education Committee for a limited time period
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Live activity, Quality and Safety Educators Academy 2017, with a beginning date of 02/26/2017, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 18.75 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.